Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Essploding Phatties

My Valentine's Day stream of consciousness to El Phattie:

The world of Phatties is on the cusp of smashing into mainstream consciousness.  As I boned up on the world of el phatties I started to think that all bikers MUST already know about these crazy obese freaky bikes.  Little did I know how way off base that train of thought was.

My point of reference became my own little world where I immersed myself into learning about the world of Phatt.  The reality is that these rare beasts are creating a buzz and that buzz has not yet entered the vast majority of the biker world's radar.  This became apparent to me as I was in Denver and chatted with a couple of different bike shops specifically about phatties.

Many of the bike shops did not even know who the players were in terms of manufacturing.  It was a good reality to check of what becomes the norm for one person is far from other people's periphery.  Generally the world of phatties are like an urban myth (or perhaps more like rural myth) where there have been alleged sightings and everyone seems to be absolutely hooked on getting their hands on one of these elusive beasts.  But as with most myths, there is a lot of thirst for more knowledge and this thirst can really on be fulfilled once they are part of your quiver.

I highly recommend making these unique cult a personalities part of your riding arsenal...after all, they like to see others like them out there or else they start getting a little sensitive about their general 'el gordita-ness'....they are rather ummmmm 'Rubens-esque'.

Here is to raising a glass in honor of all you phattie addicts!  Keep on pushing the phattie envelope as we all gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment