Monday, December 3, 2012

Shoulder Riding

The high country looks to be receiving snow but the lower country has been deluged with rain.  Since the temps in the low country are not wreaking havoc with snow dumps, it leaves a window to get out and ride (trail condition dependent).

Despite the recent snow dump (16 inches of fresh at Mt Bachelor), I opted to stay away...I figured first big snow + weekend day = chaos...

As an alternate plan, we managed to get out yesterday for a quick ride up to Helipad on the Phil's trail system.  The last uphill push from the road up to Helipad proved to be some serious resistance training due to some snowfall that might it tough work.  The ride down Whoops in the snow was pretty exciting though.  Fortunately the temps were just right and the snow just crispy enough that it was good and tacky!

We rode for about 2 1/2 hrs and my feet were froze blocks by the time I got home.  I had forgotten to include some toe warmers on my shoes and paid the price with numb toes that were not happy while they were getting warmed up...nothing like some good old fashioned pain as the blood started to return to the digits.

No comments:

Post a Comment