Monday, May 6, 2013

Mac 'n Back

It was bound to be a hectic weekend and my only hope of getting a good ride in was on Saturday morning.  I woke up debating whether to dust off the roadie or to get back on the mountain bike.  Since my earlier ride up to McKenzie Pass I had been toying with the idea of riding from Bend up to the pass and back.  The only thing I was not thrilled about was having to ride the 2 lane highway (with a narrower than I would like shoulder) for a few miles to get to Sisters...it probably is enough to deter most sane people.

It was a good day in the saddle and I did not dilly dally too long throughout the ride and tried to keep moving (mostly because of a honey do list that was waiting).  I got to the Pass, took enough time to zip up my vest and headed back down...about 10 seconds to take it in and then get going again.  It was pretty windy on the way back down but calmed down once I started to drop in elevation again.

My Garmin decided to take a sabbatical on the return...it did not capture the last 5 miles of the ride so it cheated me out of my full day - doH!  It ended up being an 84 mile ride (adjusted for the Garmin snafu) and about 5 hours of saddle time.  The missus was less than thrilled and amused that I had gone out for such a long ride while she was prepping for a get together we were hosting later in the day.
After the long day in the saddle, it was time to get moving on the to-do list and get the house ready for the gathering...somehow it all came together as it always seems to.
Spring is here!  Now, all I need to do is round the legs back into riding shape....

No comments:

Post a Comment