Wednesday, July 10, 2013

MTB Tyler's Traverse

The extensive trail network in Bend continues to evolve and grow.  I decided to head over to the Wanoga complex of trails and find the Tyler's Traverse trail that had just recently been completed.  I rode up the paved road to the bottom of Tyler's Traverse and rode up.  Tyler's eventually kicked you out onto a road and it was fuzzy as to where the trail disappeared to.  I decided to ride the dirt road up until the intersection that takes you either to Edison or back to Wanoga.  I decided to take the system back to Wanoga and lo and behold I saw a faint trail that veered off to the right.  I figured that had to be the elusive Tyler's Traverse!  I took the trail down and quickly figured it was Tyler's.

The descent was fun and fast with some nice sight lines that let a guy lay off the brakes and haul booty. Soon enough I was back at the junction where I was trying to find the continuation of Tyler's.  Now it was all puzzling itself together.
From Tyler's, I picked up the Larsen trail into Storm King and back to the car.

It is always cool to find new trail to explore and I look forward to baking that into the standard ride recipes....

as for the legs, it is hard to tell where they are but we are winding down in prep for the HC hundie.  I did not hammer much but the upside is that they did not feel like lead...


No comments:

Post a Comment