Friday, October 25, 2013

MTB Charlton Lemish Loop

After the ride at Waldo, the mind started to wonder about the other trails in the area.  The map showed some decent looking trail that could be accessed via Little Cultus Lake over to Lemish and to Charlton where you could catch the Metolius WIndigo back to Lemish.

There was some snow on the east side of the lake at Waldo when we rode a week earlier but I figured the recent warm up and general aspect of the trails to Charlton was worth a gamble.  It paid off in spades!  The conditions were very tacky and even the loose/sandy spots were packed down!  I could see how hitting these trails at the wrong time of the year might spell beach sand riding in a couple of spots.

The only added adventure to contend with in the area was the hunting crews.  It is hunting season and I ran into a few parties who were out trying to determine where the elk were.  Fortunately, they did not mistake me for a critter with horns but I made sure to keep a vigilant eye on my surroundings.

I did not run into any other riders at all - I pretty much had the trail to myself which was pretty amazing.

Ride details:






No comments:

Post a Comment