Thursday, October 2, 2014

CX Thrilla

October is here which means that the local Thrilla' Cyclocross series just wrapped up.  It was a series of 5 races held each Wed evening and it was a great taster of getting the heart-rate pinned for 45 minutes.
CX is great training for me since I am usually on long rides where I try to keep the heart rate lower and keeping me from going anaerobic.  CX is the complete opposite...it gets you redlined right off the bat!  The first few races are always a rude awakening as it takes a while to try to ride into CX shape.

This year was no different.  The first couple of races really really hurt...gasping for breath and inhaling dust along the way.

We wrapped up our last race last night and the legs started to feel like they were rounding into shape. It still feels like I could get more fitness gains for CX but the progress feels good.  It felt good to be able to push the body a little more over the past couple of weeks.  There is still a ton to tweak as I feel like my technique has miles of improvement ahead of it...I have yet to unlock the secret beta for mastering turning on those skinny wheels!

This is supposed to be a taper week for me since I am signed up for a 50 mile mtb race this weekend so  hopefully I did not do too much damage last night.

As usual, the scene at the races was awesome...lots of camaraderie and harassing!  and of course a little beer drinking after the race!


No comments:

Post a Comment