Friday, July 30, 2010

Counting Cars, Booty 50 prepping, & Hair-streamlining

Neighborly Trailer Trash:

As Erin and I got back from grocery shopping, I did a quick count of how many vehicles are in / around our neighbor's yard...and the magic number is..........9   There are a total of 9 vehicles in various states of dis-repair.  Some of these have been idle for months...others are works in progress as I hear the motors being worked out throughout the day...usually gas pedal being throttled hard so as to rev up the engine and generally make an all around nuisance. 

The irony is that some of the beater rigs have vanity plates!  The additional irony is that they can afford to have multiple cars and vanity plates but can't afford to pay for some bare necessities of life and tend to lean on our more than accommodating government.  I will not digress into political rhetoric here as it would just veer off course : )

so moving onto Booty Preppin'
The Butte 100/50 are scheduled for tomorrow.  I plan on doing the 50 as I just can't bring myself the mental anguish of persevering through the hundie.  It will be time to hit the Outdoorsman (local bike shop that will be race HQ) and sign up this afternoon.  There have been some Tinker Juarez sightings in town and as he is signed up to do the race this year.  
My bike still needs some final tweaking...as does my body and overall organization in prep for the race (figuring out what to leave at aid stations, what the fueling plan will be, etc).  Unfortunately it looks like it will be a little warmer than I had hoped but after surviving 90 degree temps during the Puff....the mere mid 80's here should be a breeze (will be dreaming of a nice cool breeze in the afternoon while watching the sweat pour off my face while riding tomorrow).  I have a couple of mental obstacles for the race...there will be some hike a bike sections that are posing as the mental barriers at the moment...it is about 10-15 miles so it will just be a matter of sucking it up and putting on the big boy pants.

As I got ready for the 'fiddy' this week, I figured it would be a good ideeer to give myself a haircut...although 'haircut' is a slight misnomer as I just take the clippers to my odd shaped head and whack away until the clippers cease to find long enough hair to sheer.  I feel 'hair-streamed' now and hope that it will help in staying a little cooler while riding.  The sad reality is that each time the clippers go to the head, there is less hair to trim...as it is I have more and more gray hairs on the chin each yr and it has come to the point where my vanity tells me not to grow the chinny chin chin out.  I blame it all on the wifer and tease her saying I had no grays prior to us meeting!  Speaking of...our 2nd wedding anny is coming up this next week...better be on my best behavior.........

No comments:

Post a Comment