Thursday, February 10, 2011

Dreamscape

For some reason my dreams lately have been more memorable than usual.  I don't always remember or recall my dreams but I know when they have been more vivid than usual.  You could spend a lifetime studying and trying to interpret dreams and come to the same conclusions as someone who contemplated them for the first time.  That is to say that I am not sure that there is any definitive conclusions that can be ascertained by trying to interpret dreams.  My theory is that it is just your subconscious staying active or trying to work things out.

I do admit that the most incredible dreams I have had are the lucid dreams when you are aware that you are dreaming and have the ability to 'control' your dream.  Admittedly it has only happened to me a couple of times and it seems like I wake up shortly after making that realization so the opportunity to fully leverage the controlling of the dream is over before it begins.

One of the fascinating things about dreams is how their time is different than our waking time or our 'real time'.  It is amazing that dreams can span time frames of years in literal seconds or minutes.  It used to be said that animals did not dream but having to dogs I can attest that they do in fact dream as I have been privy to them twitching away while the chase bunnies in their dreams.

And that is what it sort of, kind of, maybe boils down to:  I feel like those who try to over-analyze dreams are essentially chasing bunny rabbits...

No comments:

Post a Comment