Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Obese is the new Phat!

The more I read & research the growing Fat space for snow/sand bikes, the more the whispers are turning into louder voices and I fear those voices might turn into shouting in my head...voices in my head?  yup yup - it could be something more severe but I am going to call it a case of the Phats....and no, in this case more cowbell will not resolve this.

I stumbled across another manufacturer of fatties, or phatties, or obesies - SandmanBikes

They don't appear to be in production yet but I have sent them an email inquiring....they are out of Belgium so the euro exchange rate probably won't help the price but ya' never know....it does take me back to the days of living in Belgie and all the GREAT beer over there!!!

As for hubs and hub width options, Arly pointed out to me that tandem bikes use different width hubs (check out their blog for further tandem adventures and the life of Gromit the trail mutt).  Being a total greenhorn regarding tandems, this was news to me...it did get the proverbial gears in my mind (as opposed to the voices mentioned above) churning wondering whether or not a 160 mm hub used for tandems could be retro-fitted into a 170 mm rear triangle with 10 mm adaptor in order to get around the offset issue on the wheel.....hmmmmmm


No comments:

Post a Comment