Monday, March 18, 2013

BC vs Resort Days

I was driving up to Mt Bachelor on Sunday in order to use one of my days from the 12 pack I purchased earlier in the season.  I did some quick math and realized that I have by far gotten out more in the backcountry than I have on the resort this year....by more than a 2 to 1 margin!  It made me realize that I probably should have used more of those 12 pack punch days when we had better conditions back in the December timeframe, but it also made me realize that it has been a good year so far in the backcountry.

The backcountry access in Central Oregon is pretty outstanding so it makes it very approachable and gratifying to get away from the herds....

The upside...lots of days in the backcountry...the downside...potentially feeling like I will be losing $ on the 12 pack.  It will be an interesting dilemma next year as to whether to purchase a pass of any kind for the mountain...maybe a 4 pack is in order?

No comments:

Post a Comment