Thursday, November 10, 2011

McPhattie Parts

Yesterday was a banner day for starting the flow of parts for the McPhattie build.  With the frame having arrived Monday, it meant that it was sitting all by its lonesome waiting for the rest of its identity to arrive.  Fortunately it started to feel a little less lonely yesterday as Mr Brown was busy delivering packages yesterday.  Brown might have just been my favorite person yesterday.

Before we move to the goodies that arrived, there was a question that was bouncing around in my head that was begging to be answered....what is the frame weight?

I took the frame out to weigh it and was surprised that it came in at 4 1/2 pounds.  It might be marginally lighter once I remove (will stay on there for now as they are holding the dropout, bolts for cages, etc) all the bubble wrap on the rear stays but at best, I would imagine it would come in at around 4.4 pounds including all the hardware mentioned above.  That is a pretty reasonable weight considering how burly the frame looks.  I can't imagine how heavy the steel versions of this bike are...talk about an anchor!


When I opened up the front door I saw 3 packages looking like they meant business!  Wednesday's booty included the bottom bracket, brake levers, tires, tubes, rear wheel and skewer for the rear wheel.

What Brown did for me yesterday:
 Rolling Rear Phattie with the skewer attached
 80mm wide rim just begging for some rubber....
for reference on just how wide Phattie is (rubber in the background)....

No comments:

Post a Comment