Monday, November 21, 2011

Phattie Hiatus

Work took me down to Phoenix last week and it put the phattie build on hold for a few days.  It was a bit of a shock leaving Montana when it was snowing and arriving in Phoenix where it was a balmy 75 degrees all week!  That was not nearly as much of a shock as the return as the body quickly adapted to the 75 degrees on the way down...the payback was returning to snow and 5 degree weather!

While in Phoenix, some more phattie parts rolled in...the front wheel arrived, the cranks arrived and the cable housing also found its way home.  I started to build the bike up a little and quickly realized three  things...# 1, I need a different stem - the stem I was going to use from one of the old bikes was not going to work - too long....#2, I need a cassette - better to use a new cassette than an old one that might not end up working well due to skipping, etc.  #3, I need to drill out the new wheel that came in.  With a little luck, the parts will roll in and phattie will be ready to roll some of that big ole rubber within a week or two.

In the interim, some photos of the installed headset and the new wheel:




No comments:

Post a Comment