Monday, April 9, 2012

da' Whiskey fiddie

The Whiskey is now officially 'on the books' for me and it is time to spend the next 3 weeks deliberating over what ratio to run on the single speed...I am debating on whether to run a 32:19 or 32:20.  The course looks like a 32:19 would be a good choice but considering it is early season and I am just not sure how much 'leg' is in me at this point, there could be a good argument for running an easier gear for a little extra cushion.  Ahhh, I am sure to agonize over the upcoming weeks on the gear ratio although I am leaning towards the harder gear ratio as most of the climbing looks like it is reasonable.

Based on the profile, it looks like the climbs are gradual which should theoretically be OK, even early season.  Such is the challenge of living in an area where the riding season is short due to a long winter.  It makes the early season events a bit of a gamble when it comes to fitness and the anticipated level of suffering and noodle legs.

I am looking at it as more of a training ride and a good way to get some high intensity riding as the High Cascades hundie looms.

No comments:

Post a Comment