Saturday, April 21, 2012

Local Ride Conditions

Time to start (b)logging what the local ride conditions.  As of Friday April 20th most trails are relatively dry until you hit around 6,800 ft.  I rode all of Thompson Park yesterday and it is good to go - exception being several down trees on both the upper and lower loops.  Mental note: take handsaw to clear out some down trees....

My guess is blacktail & the archery range are good to go and Beaver ponds is probably close.  I rode up Toll Canyon on the CDT for 3/4 of mile until I had to turn around and head back due to snow drifts.  A couple more days of warm weather and Toll Canyon will be rideable as an out/back.

more to come...pix of current conditions as of 4/20:

Toll Canyon CDT about 3/4 of a mile in - looking back towards the pass
 Toll Canyon - same spot but looking west - where I turned around
 new trail connecting the top of the RR tracks to Toll
 new trail

No comments:

Post a Comment