Monday, May 7, 2012

Chilly Saturday Ridin'

Our local forecast for Saturday was for the temps to hover in the low 40's for highs.  The low 40's were specific to the lowlands in town so the mercury dipped into the 30's as you got higher.  By the time I  hit around 7,500 ft on the Cont Divide, I found myself in the middle of a snow storm!  Woohoo!  I figured it would blow through and there would not be much in terms of real precip.

Fortunately all the local trails are riding spectacularly right now with some recent warming trends and as the snow fell, it just created a nice visual.  There was not enough snow to accumulate but there was definitely enough snow to chilly it up!  The descents were cold but still provided ear to ear grins as the bike slalomed down.

Bike of choice was the 9zero7...mostly because I did not know how the trails were riding at upper elevations....The more I ride the green machine, the more I like it.  The big tires are just so damn grippy!!  The price is the 'weight' training due to the sherman tank'esque' girth and the extra rolling resistance from the big knobbies/tires....but it is all so good!

Ride details:

No comments:

Post a Comment