Thursday, April 25, 2013

MTB Phils

The Spring days are motoring right along....unfortunately so is the lag in blogging!  Doh!  After the Mac Pass Saturday, I stayed more local on Sunday and tried to get a 'long'ish ride in.  I once again did the lower Phils big loop heading up Ben's to Road 300 and then up to Helipad via the road...then down Storm King to COD and back up Phils for a quick out/back to wrap it up before heading back home.

While returning via COD, I ran into a group of 3 riders who were stopped in the first tek section of the trail.  I stopped and as I mumbled the words 'Are you guys OK?', I saw why they were stopped.  One of the guys had fallen and subsequently broken his handlebars!  It was snapped like a dry twiggie!  It freaked me out a little because my nightmare has always been the potential snap of a carbon bar - that could be a really bad day!  The rider had endo'ed his bar had a direct hit with some rock which snapped the bar.  It was pretty crazy looking.  It was a clean break...so don't overtighten that carbon!!!!

Fortunately, the ride was uneventful for me....the days of long daylight hours are arriving, as is the days of longer rides!

No comments:

Post a Comment