Friday, June 21, 2013

Bike Breakage

This past week seems to be the week of breakage!  The wifer went out on a ride last Saturday and decided to test the theory of just how strong carbon handlebars are.  She endo'd and the carbon bar took the brunt of the impact and cracked to the point where it was flexing a lot.  She got home and showed me the bar and I promptly decided to see how easy it was to snap the bar once cracked.

I put the bar to my knee and pulled back - with little force it snapped in two....


Mr Hersey then informed me that he too had a bike carnage story...he is now on this 4th bike frame (3rd Ti frame he has broken).  Not only is big D hard on his body, but hard on his bike too!  Check out the hairline fracture on the frame below.
Crazy bike blues this week...such are the perils of riding bikes...gotta' pay to play.  A girl just has to hope the little mouth to feed does not get to needy...


No comments:

Post a Comment