Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day Off and Dog Drama

My legs were tired enough after the last few weeks of riding that it was difficult to get my heart rate up above 140 during our ride on Sunday.  I decided it was prime time to take a day or two off.  It probably also makes some sense since I hit my knee really hard on my down-tube and it is not very happy with me right now.  The irony is that the weather is FINALLY turning for the better and it really is prime time to ride.  If anything I might take the fixie/townie out today for a spin just to get the legs moving and some blood pumping through the legs.

Yesterday's dog walk proved to be a little exciting for Otis.  We came up on another dog and he decided he was going to be his usual playful pest with this dog...this means he was going to get right in his grill and try to play with him.  The lab put up with it for a few seconds and then promptly put him in his place and managed to get both his ears with his teeth.  Otis was pretty freaked out as he came running to me and was crying and shaking.  It was his first experience with a dog putting him in his place.  Hopefully it helps him figure out that not every dog wants to play (or is nice).  He was pretty much attached to my left hip for the rest of the walk and kept licking my hand looking for re-assurance that it was all good in the dog hood. 

As soon as we got home, he got out of the car, ran to the front door and then went running from room to room looking for his human momma' - Unfortunately for him, Erin was at work so no dice!  He settled back in though and was soon enough bothering Moby and being a pest.

I watched Portugal's 7-0 thrashing of North Korea yesterday morning and it looks like it might be enough to get them out of the group of death and into the next round at the World Cup.  They play Brazil in the next game but it is somewhat a meaningless game as both Brazil and Portugal look like they are moving through (unless Ivory Coast can make up a 9 goal differential).  One of my friends joked about how Portugal should be careful so that N Korea does not nuke them....DOH!

ole ole ole ole......OLE....OLE

No comments:

Post a Comment