Friday, June 4, 2010

Initial Blog Entry

So I decided to join the Blog world in order to try and keep ourselves organized. Without getting too philosophical, life seems to be in warp speed mode and this might be the vehicle to at least keep track of all things zooming by us.

Our summer is quickly approaching (despite all the liquid sunshine we have received and continue to get). I mowed our lawn the other day for the first time this year and noticed we had mushrooms growing! I am not sure that is commonplace for Montana...but it might explain why the dogs were acting funny the other day.

Erin and I both signed up for long epic suffer-fest events this year. Erin is signed up to do the 1/2 Iron Man in Boise on June 12th (http://www.ironmanboise.com/ )and has been diligently training in preparation. This is no small feat considering the temperate spring we have had. While Erin is doing her 1/2 Iron Man, I signed up for the http://www.knobbytireseries.com/925poster.pdf


It will be a good training day for the upcoming: http://www.cascadecreampuff.com/

The Cream Puff is going to be a long day in the saddle. The 100 miles with a TON of elevation gain (have heard it is around 19,000 ft) is enough to scare me into taking some diapers with me so I have some fresh linens to switch out of during the grinder climbs. The open question / challenge (aside from the obvious of trying to finish) will be whether to attempt this on a single speed bike, or on the geared bike. The smart move would be to go out and ride it on the geared bike this year and do some recon for single-speeding it next year - then again, no one ever accused me of being smart...which brings me to the next blog entry...

No comments:

Post a Comment