Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Lynskey Pro 29'r frame

It was an early Christmas yesterday as the new eBay purchase arrived yesterday.  The source of my distraction yesterday was waiting for UPS to arrive so I could sign for the package.  It finally arrived at around three in the afternoon and it did not disappoint!

It is a Lynskey 29'r titanium frame.  The frames are hand made in Tennessee (lineage is the Litespeed...the former owner sold Litespeed and start Lynskey).  The welds are absolutely amazing and the bike frame is sick light.  The frame weights in at around 3.3 lbs:
The frame can be built up as either a geared bike or as a singlespeed bike.  My intent is to build this up as a rigid singlespeed and try to make it as light as is affordable and reasonable...no need to spend a ton more money to shave a few grams. - especially considering I have a few kilo's to drop on the beer belly!
Back to the bike:

I will be retiring my old 26 inch singlespeed and will use many of the parts from that bike to build this bike up. The gaps will be building a new wheelset using the hubs from the old singlespeed....a new drive train.....a new fork (will look at rigid carbon frames), stem & headset...I should be able to use the parts from my old bike for just about everything else.  It will be a great winter project and I am looking forward to building this up as we plug through the winter months.
The beauty is that there is no rush to get this built up right now considering the weather has turned and we are getting into winter.  There will be no hemorrhaging of $ and I can slow the bleeding of spending $ over the next few months.
I love the sliders for adjusting chain tension.  It will be much-O fun to build this bad boy up and even mo' FUN to get out and ride.  It will be interesting to ride the 29'r geometry although this should 'ride' a little smaller because the top tube and geometry should make it somewhat more responsive.  There will be a little flex in the frame but not enough to notice compared to my aluminum frame.

It is a good motivator to ride the trainer until spring arrives...last night was another hour session of indoor spinning:'

No comments:

Post a Comment