Thursday, January 6, 2011

Canadian Hip Hop

I just recently discovered an artist out of Canada that has a pretty cool sound.  As it turns out, he actually was the artist behind the World Cup song in S Africa this past year.  It is always fun to discover a new (to me) artist and so far I have been impressed by his lyrics.  Here be some K'naan





He reminds me a little of K-OS and as it turns out apparently they have a little beef with each other...even Canadian artists get a little grumpy sometimes!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. This guy is dope! Love the song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seem to go in cycles of finding new tunes...am in one of those right now and loving it! Hope all is well in Vegas - glad to see the governor has been removed for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hip hop pinnacle:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diiL9bqvalo

    ReplyDelete
  4. CLASSIC!
    I said a hip hop,
    Hippie to the hippie,
    The hip, hip a hop, and you don't stop, a rock it
    To the bang bang boogie, say, up jump the boogie,
    To the rhythm of the boogie, the beat.

    ReplyDelete