Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Globus vs Compex

The new Hammer catalog came in the mail yesterday and I was a little surprised when I got to the e-stim section and noticed that Hammer has decided to sell Compex as opposed to what they had been peddling (Globus).  My head started to extrapolate what this meant to me...The missus got me a Globus e-stim unit from Hammer in late November (for Christmas) and at the time they did not disclose that they were getting ready to switch brands.  I find this a weeeee bit shady but was willing to overlook it until I started to read into the details.

When I talked to one of the reps at Hammer I started to realize that not only does Compex provide a better bang for your buck but they actually offer more functionality at a lower pricepoint - so does this make it a bigger bang for a smaller buck?  Fortunately we are within the 60 day replacement period with the Globus unit so I plan on sending back the Globus unit and getting an upgraded Compex.

Part of my concern was the issue of replacement parts and warranty if Hammer decided to stop carrying Globus.    They said they would continue to carry replacement parts but it definitely does not give me a warm & fuzzy.  To their credit, Hammer mentioned I could still return the unit but it was a little surprising that they did not mention it up front when purchasing the unit in late November.  I will certainly give them the benefit of the doubt as their customer service has been outstanding with all our other purchases.

Monday was a busy day work-wise and I am looking forward to things slowing down a little today.  It is a rest week for the legs so there will be some light spinning but nothing too demanding.

3 comments:

  1. So, how was the Compex? Did you like it better than the Globus? I just exchanged mine and I am curious as to your experience. I just received my Compex today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. formerhammercustomerFebruary 23, 2011 at 2:38 PM

    I'd also be interested in a comparison of the two. I bought my Globus a few weeks too early and am outside the 60 day return period.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After using the Compex for the past few weeks, I am leaning towards the Compex. It seems to offer more for options/programs (namely the strength and explosive strength programs) relative to the same Globus price point.

    Their customer service seems to be awesome too. One of their guys responded to another blog entry I have on reviewing the Compex: http://ssmobis.blogspot.com/2011/02/compex-sport-review.html

    One of the bennies on Compex is that they seem to have more literature and sport specific info on their web-site too.

    If I had to pick, I would probably go the Compex route (especially as a new user considering the info they have). Ultimately, they both do the same thing in terms of firing up the muscles (although comparing # to # on the levels on the programs, the Globus seems to put out a slightly stronger stim).

    ReplyDelete