Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I Got 99 Problems and Butte's #1

Thanks Jay-Z!

There are days where you just shake your head at just how bass-ackwards this town is...and today has to rank right up there.  Today was finally the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back...

It wasn't the stolen car hitting our car in the driveway and sending it through our garage causing over $8K of damage,
it wasn't even the utter SHOCK of finding that this town of around 30,000 people has over 80 registered sex offenders!!!!!! 26 registered sex offenders living within a 1 mile radius of our house...
it wasn't the un-friendliness of this town - ohh but everyone is so friendly...ummm NOT...smile to your face as they pick your pocket...BEWARE!
it wasn't our realtor and realtor company attacking my personal character because the seller of the home we purchased lied and  KNOWINGLY did not disclose over  $15K of water damage in the basement - despite the city records of water damage and leaks, it was apparently something we had caused...hmmmm..instead they opted to choose to protect the seller to take are of their own
it wasn't the neighbors driving over our front yard
it wasn't the neighbor kids egging our house and car on different occasions, 
it wasn't the neighbors' dogs keeping us up at all hours barking all day, all night, every day, every night
it wasn't the close-mindedness of this town
it wasn't the lack of places to eat in this town
it wasn't the lack of culture in this town
it wasn't the beer bottle I got thrown at me while riding my bike,
it wasn't the guy going 80 miles an hour swerving over while going the opposite direct into my lane to throw a water bottle at me while minding my own business riding a bike,
it wasn't someone trying to run me over on a 4 wheeler while riding my bike on a NON-MOTORIZED greenway,
it wasn't that we did not come up here with an open mind....

despite all this any many other fun little episodes, we have tried to stay positive...but a turd is a turd is a turd no matter how much you try to shine it it still comes out of a Butte...you can put lipstick on a pig, but that pig is still Butte

the straw was today....I was at a stop sign while a Butte SilverBow truck hauled ass through the stop sign almost causing a wreck and hitting me...I followed them back to their office so I could file a complaint.  The person I talked to did not want to hear ot if.  He asked if I got the truck number - which obviously is close to impossible to do when someone is driving like an a-hole almost causing wrecks.  Not to mention I knew they had just pulled in, but apparently walking 40 steps to look for the truck was too much of a bother...

I told him it did not look good to have a truck with BSB plastered all over it driving around almost causing accidents.  He kept trying to make excuses for them and I called him on it and said it was not appropriate to be defending them when I had a complaint to lodge.  He said give me your name and number and I will tell my boss - YEAH RIGHT...first, I don't trust ANYONE with my info in this town, second of all I knew full well that he was not going to do a thing with it - especially the way he kept telling me he did not know what happened since he was not there.

At this point I understood it was a futile battle and he was more interested in getting back to his card game in the break room that I had interrupted (gotta love a sweet union gig).  I went back to the car and that is when I saw the offenders hauling ass back out the parking lot.  I stopped them (and card break asshole guy was still there) and he looked at them, then looked at me, told them to keep going and looks at me saying 'I will take care of it'...considering I was not born yesterday I told him I knew he was not going to do a thing about it and called him on it.  At that point he says 'well I have tried to help you, so Fuck Off'...he started walking towards me as he said this like he wanted to have more than just words.  It was obvious there was nothing to gain by trying to reason with an insane person...arguments such as 'ohh, you are OK nothing happened, so what is the big deal?'

It is AMAZING to me that a 50+ yr old man who represents a company (paid by our taxes mind you) has that type of an attitude with someone who comes in to file a complaint.  There are so many things wrong with all this but at the end of the day, if you argue with a crazy person, you are letting them bring you to their level.

and this is the straw that finally broke the camel's back of how there is NO WAY IN HELL I will stay in this hole of a town any longer than contractually obligated....16 more months of purgatory - but who is counting?

5 comments:

  1. Dang, I had no idea 90 miles made such a difference in the concentration of, how do I say, "blow-holes"!? Sadly, calling Johnny Law is probably futile, since it was likely his brother, Dick Law, driving the BSB rig. I feel kinda bad having suggested that Butt might not be such a bad place to live for a few years...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to think our experiences are 'unique' but at some point with enough 'blow-holes', it does make you re-consider if perhaps it is not the norm - it might explain all the meth-heads, etc... Plus, not that anyone could have EVER foreseen some of this - sometimes life really is stranger than fiction.
    The summer is getting closer and some trail therapy will do wonders as an attitude adjustment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need me some of that trail therapy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you still planning on running for Mayor of Butte, and how do you think this incident will affect your campaign? Toad

    ReplyDelete
  5. should not impact it at all...the campaign promises free booze, meth, and pot shops on every street corner...ohh wait, that is already in place...dammit, need a new campaign theme

    ReplyDelete