Friday, April 29, 2011

Moving Foreward - I just wanna' ride

Admittedly, I had some Butte rage going on a couple of days ago and there is nothing like a little time and venting to put it behind me (until the next threat to my well being pops up that is).

Apparently today was the royal wedding day?  The UK officially called it a public holiday so I can only imagine how the country must have come to a stop to watch the telly/tv/tube ...lorries/trucks...taps/faucets...track suits/sweats...bonnet/hood   blah blah blah

To be honest, I just don't get how a whole country (or countries) stop(s) to watch a wedding...am I happy for the prince?  sure...do I care?  NO....and I don't get why everyone else seems to care so much either...(the inner cynic in me wakes up today)

as for riding - it appears as the only riding to be had might be of the indoor variety as mother nature is reminding us of who the Boss is...and no don't you dare tempt me to post a clip of that horrible show in the 80's...

There is a  cycling club in town and I have hmmmm'd and haaaaaaa'd about whether to renew membership this year.  I have come to the conclusion that I am not really a 'club' type guy.  I just want to get out and ride - KISS - keep it simple stoooopid.  Clubs can get a tad 'clique-y' for me and sometimes it defeats the purpose of just getting out and enjoying what I want to do - which in this case is ride....and unfortunately that outdoor riding will just have to wait a wee bit longer.


No comments:

Post a Comment