Monday, April 25, 2011

Spring Window

Mother Nature decided to give us a break from our recent wet weather and gifted us a spring like weekend!  It was downright overdue and in need!  It was a blue-bird weekend that had us in the high 50's for both days with seemingly everyone getting a case of spring fever.

I snuck up to Helena on Saturday to pick up my handlebars for the bike and get in a ride.  There had been some precip the prior couple of days and I was curious to see how dry the trails were.  Reports were that the lower elevation trails were all in good shape.  As seems to be the norm lately, there was some mud....I was one of the first people out on the trails which meant that it was early enough that the trails had not had a chance to totally dry.  Most of the north facing aspects were pretty wet while everything that was south facing was dry and in good shape!  In order to avoid the wet slopes, I stayed on south facing trails, roads for link ups, and also did not stray up into the upper elevations (packed snow and wet).

There was not a ton of riding but still more than enough to whet the appetite and get my fix.


It ended up being a good productive weekend where I got caught up on bike maintenance.  I managed to re-do the tubeless wheelsets for the single speed and the gearie.  I removed the rubber from the wheels, cleaned the rims, installed new tires, re-sealed with stan's, and re-inflated - all systems GO.  Now, if only the weather would break - the aforementioned spring like weather window has closed and we are back to cold, rain, overcast...

No comments:

Post a Comment