Monday, April 11, 2011

Tax Man Cometh

The week of inevitability has arrived....The over-reaching hand of big brother has been with hand extended to us and that dark cloud Uncle Sam has been brooding over-head like a bad flu that just won't go away.  Why the gloom and doom?  The thing is we owe Uncle Sammy some $ for taxes so our time is coming due to pay the piper.

We have been planning on it, so it is not a surprise but it still hurts to fork over checks to our wonderfully efficient government who will no doubt be putting our hard earned tax dollars to good use by doing things such as putting cones and signs on freeways for many a mile indicating 'construction'.  My observation on these 'construction zones' is that no work has been done or will be done (at least on 9 of 10 of the zones I see).  Some greedy little bureaucrat's pockets are getting fuller and fuller while everyone else is none the wiser.

OK, rant over...time to suck it up and take a deep breath before that uber sticky band aid gets yanked off the open sore of the checks made out to "US Treasury Dept"

On a different note, our local trails are starting to dry up...and I use the word 'starting' very generously.  The only area for potential riding at the moment is Pipestone.  All other areas just recently got hit with snow.  I can't bring myself to take out the new bike to Pipestone yet because there will no doubt be snow/mud.  I got pseudo motivated to take my old bike out there yesterday but got quickly thwarted when I went to load it up and saw there were no pedals on it, and I was missing a brake pad (have no idea how that happened) and the seat post and saddle were on the new bike....all very manageable and quick fixes but it was just enough to erase the ounce of motivation I had to go ride the mud.  I will be monitoring MTBR to see if there are any condition updates for the area - hopefully we are on the cusp!

No comments:

Post a Comment