Friday, September 17, 2010

anudder viddy?

shua enough'


I continue to learn something new on each vid and it has been fun to unlock this baby step by baby step...
So far, the rear mounted view seems to be my favorite and also seems to be the smoothest footage. 

as for the knee and riding....

Rockin' the style points:
Sometimes you just have to pull out all the stops and get on down wit' yo' bad fashion self...and when I say bad...I man poor taste!  Knee high socks ain't just for the ladies...and it ain't just for clubbing...knee highs rock the riding world:


The knee is feeling better every day and I was able to get up out of the saddle and hammer a little on last night's ride.  It felt good to feel the knee getting more and more stable.

Yesterday's ride was a quickie up along the East Ridge...I always forget just how steep the beginning of that ride is...As I spun through the steep sections on my geared bike the thought of having gone up it on the singlespeed kept crossing my mind and how much harder that ride is on the SS...it really is a ride to do as a barometer of how frisky the legs are feeling on the singlespeed.  It made me feel good to know that I can clean that on the singlespeed...not easy but doable.


There were these amazing views in all directions depending on where you were on the trail and as the sun was starting to set it made for some incredible scenery like this shot looking towards west towards Butte:


It definitely helps describe the phrase 'Big Sky'.

It was a relatively shortie ride...I rode for about an 1:15 hrs and then decided it would be prudent to turn around before it got too dark and what took 1.25 hrs to climb up, took about 20 minutes to descend.  On the way down I stopped along the way down and found an amazing view of the Tobacco Roots.  The sun was setting and you could see the top of the range still basked in sunlight.

and the usual great view of the Highlands:
What is a little scary is all the dead brown tress from the beetle...one mis-placed lightning strike and we could be in a world of hurt!

No comments:

Post a Comment