Sunday, September 5, 2010

Silver Lining

It is amazing to me how much a knee injury can put many things on hold...no riding, no climbing, little house work...the list goes on.  After sitting around for a few days and hobbling from room to room I looked at the guitar and realized I had not touched it in quite a while.  It was time wipe the dust off it and pick it back up.  I went out and got new strings and promptly replaced the strings that must have been on it for at least 3 years.

The knee is healing and the swelling is slowly going down...in the interim, the guitar is getting some luvin'
I spent part of yesterday pulling up guitar tab for one of my favorite songs of all time....Heroes....It was originally done by Bowie and has been covered by many including the Wallflowers.  It was fun to string together a song (or chords since my 'singing' would probably induce goose bumps...and not of the good kind, more like the kind of screeching nails down a chalkboard).  Going old school made me dig through some additional old playlists too which was fun but a little too telling about how old some of the songs are.

In the back of my mind I have the yearn to learn some blues on the guitar...I started on some blues scales a while ago but as with anything that I can't seem to excel at immediately, I lost interest...so time to take the long road and start to learn from the beginning.  Now all that is needed is some discipline....or some quick healing of the knee so I can get back to the bikes that are calling to me, and the rocks that are teasing me...

No comments:

Post a Comment