Thursday, September 2, 2010

Patellar Tendinitis

After we got back from our vacation, my knee started to act up a little...it was a little tender at first and then within two days it progressed to the point where it was uber painful to bend the knee and it would not take any weight at all.  It was a rough 4 days of trying to pop Vitamin I (Ibuprofen) like Tic Tacs in order to try to bring the swelling down.

The swelling is finally starting to subside but the mystery now lies with how this all came to be....The knee did not hurt while riding but it seemed to act up once I had not been on the bike for two days.  I don't remember a trauma where I hit it...and the overuse injury theory due to singlespeeding does not make sense to me either considering it did not hurt while on vacation.  So it will remain a bit of a mystery and in the interim the knee will have to be babied and nursed until back to normal.  I might play around with seat position a little and see if that has anything to do with it too but considering our local weather, riding is not exactly at the top of my recreating list right now.

We have had some cold weather as of late.  We (the surrounding high country starting at around 7,000 ft) got snow on the last day of Aug and again the start of September.  So it officially means that we have gotten snow every month of the year in 2010!  That is incredible (and not necessarily in a good way when you want to stare at the top tube and ride a bike).  Like a recent publication said about Bozeman recently 'the joke is that there are 2 seasons...11 months of winter and August'.  I largely agree with the quote but given our weather this year I contemplate whether mother nature robbed us of August too??  Global warming?? not around here!  It makes me wonder what our weather pattern will be this winter....if we continue to get the precipitation we have had this 'spring' and 'summer' it will be a deep freeze with many ft of snow banks to look at....

No comments:

Post a Comment