Monday, September 6, 2010

Boredom part DUH

So my knee is still reminding me that I should not be out on trails and roads quite yet.  I did force myself to get on the trainer and at least spin to see how the knee would hold up...it was boring and it is a reminder of what is in store for the winter  - UGG
Surprisingly, the knee held up OK...I lasted 50 minutes and held a high cadence so that there would not be a lot of force on the joint.  The average cadence was 87 which is pretty high for me and probably a good training exercise to spin a little faster than normal.

Yesterday ended up being a rather productive day.  While at Home Depot on Saturday, I picked up a fixture for the bathroom off our master bedroom.  The price was right and it made sense for a quickie upgrade.  The old oak look veneer on the cabinets also were begging for some attention...I swapped out the fixture and then decided to give the cabinets a new look by painting them a dark rich brown called 'Turkish Coffee'.  After a quick sanding to rough up the surface, it took a couple of coats and voila....a new looking cabinet

The only thing left to do at this point is repaint the entire bathroom, but that will have to wait as it will be a good winter project..

.....of things Airstream....
We decided on a countertop laminate called Seagrass.  I think it is the right mix of retro/modern/funkiness that should compliment the color choices of the floor, cabinets, and back splash...the boys over at Mintage are getting ready to start on it and we are keeping our fingers crossed for the end of September...

All this time off the bike(s) has given me plenty of time to daydream of riding and I started to think of some of the lessons I have learned throughout all the endurance events...will pontificate mo' tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment