Friday, March 11, 2011

Come Home To Papa

Today should mark the return of my latest fetish in bikes.  After breaking the old Blur frame from ten years of abuse, it was time to step up.   The bike of choice was a Lynskey Pro 29'r which has been built up as a singlespeed.  It does have the option to swap up hangers so that you can go the geared route too, but considering that it is being built up as a fully rigid setup, I am guessing the geared alternative might just not happen. One of my requirements on the frame was to have horizontal sliders so it would be easy to adjust chain tension.  I wanted to stay away from Eccentric Bottom Bracket design.

I am supposed to head up to Helena at some point to pick up my baby...There are still a few unknowns (mostly due to fit - things such as stem length, etc...) but it is close!  I am anxiously awaiting the reunion.

The build includes DT Swiss hub with Stan's Crest rims for a nice and light tubeless wheelset.  I even matched the spoke nipples color to the headset color: red.  It will be a little 'blinged' out but without going over the top.  For a fork, I went with a DT rigid carbon fork which comes in at a nice and light sub 600 grams.  The thought process was that I pretty much rode a fully rigid bike all of last year since I locked out my fork (since it was such a POS).  As for brakes...nothing fancy - straight up Avid mech BB7's.  Cranks will be the SRAM stylo action - nothing sexy but it should be just fine for now...the cockpit is TBD as is the seatpost and saddle (hopefully my Thompson posts will work size wise).

Pictures forthcoming once I pick up the titanium beast later today...come home to Papa!

No comments:

Post a Comment