Monday, March 14, 2011

Compex - Active Recovery

This past weekend's rides were a step up from the usual mellow 1 hour spins on the trainer.  They were not the long back to back 4 + hour sessions yet but they were back to back 2 hour days which is more than what I have put the legs through in a while.  I ran an active recovery session each evening wondering how it would help to flush out some of the buildup.  The legs felt OK on Sunday, but I figured the better barometer would be on Monday morning after back to back pushes.

My initial thoughts are that it seems to work!  The legs feel decent (not snappy but relatively decent) this morning.  The tell-tale sign is that my calves & hamstrings are a little sore, but the quads feel pretty good.  I ran the active recovery on the quads (and not the other areas) so it makes sense and it provides a point of reference too.

The reality is that these were still relatively short days in the saddle so I will reserve full analysis until the back to back long days in the saddle are part of the training regimen again....so far, so good though.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tiago,

    I'm glad Compex is of such good use to go. I'm looking forward to your experiences when you go for longer days in the saddle! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me.

    If you're on Facebook, here's our page: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/Compex-International/120183631349967

    Christian from Compex

    ReplyDelete