Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Odds & Ends

The Lynskey bike build was not quite ready when I went up to Helena on Friday.  Unfortunately they needed to order a couple of parts (bar and mechanical brakes) to complete the build.  It was good to spec everything else out so we are definitely getting closer.  With a little luck the bike will be ready by this weekend and I can start tinkering with the fit.

I hope to get it so I can at least ride it around a little bit before the True Grit next weekend - there is nothing like getting on a brand new build and geometry for the first 50 miler of the season...Red flags are going up everywhere in my mind but what the heck...life is an adventure so let's see how it all plays out.  My big red flags are being on the bike for the first time during the event, and not exactly having the best fitness going in.  It is what it is and at the very least, it will be good to get into some warmer weather and get on the saddle for a bit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment