Monday, March 21, 2011

Singlespeed Bling

I spent some time fitting the new bike on Sunday.  I took my measurements from my bike fit back in 2008 and applied them to the new addition to the quiver.  The build came out really well and I can't wait to get on it and ride.

Unfortunately our weather is forecasting more of that white stuff so any hopes of hitting local trails are pretty much nil for another month or so (at least).

I added pedals to the build on Sunday and then tweaked the geometry (combo saddle height, position, cleat position, etc) so that it fits and feels good and feels like 'home'.

The best part of the build is all of the subtle nuances like matching the headset color to the spoke nipples (red), along with a little red from the carbon fork.  The build will still get a couple of updates when the bars get switched out and the saddle gets switched out (once inventory is in at the shop)...but in the interim, here is some bike bling:


The remaining upgrades/swap outs will still lower the weight a little (will lose about 100 grams on the seat, maybe another 100g if I swap out the seat post at some point, and the bars will also drop a little).  Once totally done, it should still come in at sub 19.  That just blows me away for a 29'r running tubeless tires and sealant...guess I will have to wait to get into some warmer weather later this week to take it out and play...come on out and play sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment