Friday, July 29, 2011

MTB: BlackArchThomArchBlack

I did a quickie lap through Blacktail on Thursday night...hooked into the Archery Range, down to Thompson Park where I did the lower and upper loop, then re-traced the trails back to the car....lots of climbing in a short distance....just under 15 miles and a little over 3,000 ft of climbing.

I had to take the full squish geared bike out because I stripped an allen bolt on my SS....so the SS will have to wait until the new set of bolts comes in.  The Blur XC definitely has a totally different feel than the rigid SS....need more tinkering with the suspension to figure out how to limit bob while climbing because it sure feels 'soft' when getting out of the saddle.  There definitely appears to be power loss on the pedal stroke due to the absorption of suspension...that is part of the reason I love a rigid SS, there is zero power loss and the power is directly transferred to the crank.  It was still a good day to be out and riding trail.  The Butte 50/100 is currently much better marked than it was last year so hopefully there will be fewer riders getting off course this year.

TGIF - woohoo

No comments:

Post a Comment