Sunday, July 24, 2011

MTB: East Ridge CDT

The East Ridge CDT trail is always a great ride and Friday's ride proved no exception.  I had the trail all to myself (did not run into a single person during my ride) and as usual the vistas were pretty choice.  I learned my lesson of recent bottle loss/attrition and decided to just take one bottle on the top of my downtube that I knew would not get dis-lodged.  It ended up being a very enjoyable ride which helped clear the head from a week of work and life.

This missus went down to Polaris for her ACP conferences/meetings so the boys and I were on our own for Thursday and Friday.  I had taken the pups out on a walk earlier so it was now 'me' time to unwind by following a dirt trail for just under a couple of hours.  I turned around at the high-point and it ended up being a 15.5 mile ride with just under 3,000 ft of elevation gain:


view of the Pintlers with Butte in the foreground:
View looking towards Basin Creek:
view of the trail on the left and the Highlands towards the right
close up of the Highlands:

No comments:

Post a Comment