Wednesday, July 20, 2011

MTB: Homestake CDT out/back

As I have been getting caught up on all things BCBR and trying to capture it all, I have been falling further behind on everything else as it relates to the blogaroo...so here is a little catchup action:

I was finally able to ride last Saturday - the head/chest cold was still being stubborn and leaving me slightly light headed but it had been a week since I had been on the bike and it was time to remedy the situation (excuse the pun).  I decided to take the bike out to Homestake Pass and catch the CDT over to Pipestone Pass and back.  I was curious as to whether the trails had dried completely and also how my body was going to react.

The body was certainly a little lethargic and someone forgot to tell my sinuses about the agenda to ride because they opened up like a slow leaky faucet...drip drip drip.  Regardless, it was good to be out and riding dirt again!

It was the usual out and back route for totals of 17 miles, 2700 ft of climbing and 2 hours of riding.

Some pix:
looking towards the Pintlers - you can actually see the RR tressel in the middle of the picture - that is the same trail that links Thompson Park trail system up to the CDT at Pipestone Pass.
looking ewst at the Pintlers:
looking east at the Whacky Tobaccees:
and of course looking South with some killer views of the Highlands:

No comments:

Post a Comment