Friday, October 8, 2010

East Ridge Night Ride & Airstream updates

Friday has rolled around and my to-do list is the only thing that seems to be getting my mind's focus this morning...first is the work to do list, then the home to-do list which might just well take up a big chunk of the weekend.

We went out for a night ride last night to the East Ridge CDT.  Night riding is always fun and always a different set of variables.  My legs and body did not feel good on the ride at all.  It was the first time in a long time that I felt so bad on a ride...the lungs were tight, the legs had no snap...although it might have also had to do with the blistering pace the boys were setting ahead of me.  I finally just opted to be dropped and go at my own pace.  It was a quickie ride but much needed considering I had not been out since Sunday's ride.  Last night's profile looked like:
I sure hope that was just an aberration last night in terms of how the body felt...It is always good to be able to get out and ride (especially this time of year, so thumbs up).

Of things Airstream....
I picked up the tin can from Mintage last week and one of the more pressing to-do's is to winterize it...I need to drain all the tanks, including the hot water heater and then move it into the garage where it will sit for the winter while we get things completed on it.

The boys up at Mintage did a nice job.  Here are some pics of the work they did:
front cabinets re-done, need stain though... installation of new lights - more contemporary and low profile but still staying true to the retro'ish feel......
Installation of  stove burners, countertop, sink & fixtures:
New cabinets and fridge.  I asked them to install a sheet of aluminum on the front walls to give it a more updated look and also lighten up the inside:

Those were the major cosmetic changes on the inside.  They also put in a new water heater, and put a stainless sheet on the bathroom sink and potty (and a new potty)...all in all we are really happy with how it turned out so far.  It was a bit of a leap of faith on how we picked the options and what we wanted them to  do.  They had never put in aluminum sheets on the walls, etc...were a little skeptical but then became believers once they saw it!  All the cabinets need staining and once the staining/painting finishes are done, it will be time to install the floor and then put in the remaining furniture.  I guess that list of to-do's just keeps growing and growing the more I think about it...and it is not getting done on its own so off to work to get the work day in motion...



No comments:

Post a Comment