Thursday, October 21, 2010

Rollercoaster

That one legged man in the ass kicking contest is getting pretty tired going into day three of the contest.  Yesterday was another crazy day with some facets taking nice strides forward while others hovered and/or potentially regressed.  Such is life and that one legged man just got his legs re-charged for some more ass kicking today.

This is by no means a slight or intended insult to people who have lost their leg(s), as my pop lost his leg at one point and had to live the last 20+ yrs of his life with prosthetic leg and constantly dealt with pain.  I have to also mention I have never been so inspired as when I saw a stud on a bike in the front range in Denver riding up Mt Falcon with one leg.  What a BEAST!  Bear in mind that Mt Falcon is steep and not exactly an easy trail (or used to be that way until the nuked it and made it about 10 ft wide in some areas).  I saw that gentleman around the trails a couple of times and after I picked my jaw up off the ground, I realized how amazing and inspiring he is.  Whoever that mystery rider is, hats off to you SIR!

We are gearing up for another night ride this evening and I look forward to testing the night lights again...so far knock on wood as the lights have generally surpassed my expectations.

in light of the roller-coaster week, I tried to find Stevie Wonder's version of this song but apparently they were not making music vids that could be posted on You Tube back in the 70's...so we settle for the Chili Peppers (and settle might be a poor choice of words but Stevie is DA' MAN)....




ohh boy...Stevie got me going....and talk of inspiring!! Cool compilation of old school action...Sir Duke anyone?  might be my favorite Stevie track of all time..

No comments:

Post a Comment