Monday, October 11, 2010

Productive Weekend

This surely must be one of the last mild weather weekends before the upcoming winter...I have been fighting a low grade bug for several days and decided it would be best to stay off the bike and not do anything that might put the body under too much stress.  The good news is the low grade bug has not turned into a high grade bug...although it seems to just be lingering.

The most exerting thing I did was spin on the indoor bike for an hour yesterday.  It was fairly low key and I was not pushing too hard.  Since I rode all of 2 days last week, it will be time to step it up a notch or two this week if the weather cooperates, etc.  Soon enough it will be indoor trainer time pretty much full time (at least during the week) so lots of motivation to get out while we still can.  I have come to the conclusion that new night lights are in queue of things to upgrade...my lights are definitely old school (meaning heavy and dim) and they make me feel like I have motion sickness after riding at night since they don't really light up enough to see much further than directly in front of me.  I spent a fair amount of time researching on several sights and the best bang for the buck seem to be the Magicshine series...have not pulled the trigger yet since there is some debate as to just how much longer we will be able to night ride before we get snow and our season shuts down...and at that point it becomes a moot point for several months...dilemma dilemma....

On a different note, I was able to get a fair amount done on the airstream.  I got a couple of coats of poly on the new cabinets and was able to get a lot of additional painting done which included touch ups, the closet, & mdf painting.  The big chunks left that still involve a paintbrush include painting the bathroom area as well as one more section of mdf that is the under-side of the cabinets around the 'kitchen' area.  These areas will probably take a little more time since they are awkward spaces and you find yourself contorted in strange positions while trying to paint an area (and not get paint on other areas) and avoid bumping into too many things while you are wrapped around the various angles like a pretzel.

All in all, it was good to get a bunch of stuff done on the airstream as it gets us just a little closer to completion on it.  The other benny is that it will clear up the garage where I have laid out many of the parts that were pulled out of the tin can (reminds me a little of the scene in The Wall where Gedolf has a maze laid out on the floor with everything he smashed up - although I hope my maze a little more organized and a little less trashed - and that I look a little less strung out!).

Those parts will either be going to the trash or back into the silver bullet.  There are just a couple of quick things to do before officially winterizing the airstream and I hope to get that all done today - time is of the essence as it is supposed to drop into the 20's this evening.  Once those are done it will be time to try to back the beast up back into the garage and get our driveway back.

No comments:

Post a Comment