Thursday, December 2, 2010

Climbing Gym

The highlight of the day yesterday was hitting the climbing gym.  It was great to put on the tight shoes, hobble around and get spanked by plastic.

The only thing saving me from getting worked like a six yr old chinese laborer in a textile factory, was my technique...it saved me a little considering all the lack of climbing power and endurance!  Apparently not climbing regularly for a few years does not exactly help to maintain any semblance of what used to be quick ticks on problems.  Instead it was more about just getting on problems and climbing.

Hopefully the power will come back fast, but it would required a regular regimen and living in Montana does not allow a guy to get outside and climb regularly...so my ego will just have to be humbled each time I get on stone or plastic.  The interesting thing was that my power and endurance felt fine at the beginning (considering the time off), but there was a definite line of where my power stopped (or lack of power).  I could on-sight v3's all day long but as soon as I stepped into v4 realm, I lost the go-go juice to finish the problems and then could not really touch v5's.  It might have had a little something to do with not projecting problems either.  I was just trying to get volume to get the forearms worked and allow the tendons to ease into it...but still the ego wanted more - not to be for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment