Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Lazily Confused

That phrase just seems to be stuck in my head this morning.  Those two simple words are so descriptive and they almost describe a state of acceptance of apathy...or maybe they just resonate with me because we all use the being confused as a cop-out at times.  Sometimes all it takes is a little motivation to figure out the unknown, but that little effort can be just enough to deter us.  As I type this there must be a reason for those two words being etched in my mind this morning?  The problem is I can't figure it out (or just maybe I am lazily confused) -and round and round we go.

It has been a relatively calm week.  We made it up to Discovery on Sunday to get a little snowboarding and tele action in.  The wifer has decided to punish herself by picking up telemark skiing.  I could make fun of her for this but this is coming from the mouth of a single speed biker so there is no margin for smacking my gums about her choice of ski style!  The mountain was in OK shape for this time of year.  They definitely need more snow to get better coverage but it was still good to get out and play a little.  We did a quickie 1/2 day.  We got up there a little late and wanted a relatively easy day given the ankle and my bruised tailbone.  Bruised tailbone + snowboarding can make for an ugly combo.  At the end of the day no further insult was added to the small collection of injuries (ankle, tailbone, and slightly grumpy knee) so I consider it a success.

The indoor trainer has been the bike of choice lately - mostly due to the weather (or maybe I am just lazily confused about where to ride right now?).  I have managed to get on the trainer a couple of times and have also fired up the stim unit.  Unfortunately the support guys for the stim unit are out until next week so my lazily confused state regarding the stim unit will have to remain that way until I can call support up and harass them with my gluttony of questions.

Until then the legs will just have to deal with more indoor trainer time and the occasional bombardment of electricity shocking them to wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment