Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Programus Interuptus

something about best laid plans...of mice and men...It turns out that being on the road is not super conducive to keeping a blog updated.  Go figure!  Being on the road also has a tendency to interrupt any regular sort of physical activity (unless of course the reason for the road is pleasure).

At this point, the body is healing (that is what I keep telling myself) and all those little nagging pains are getting a chance to recover.  It makes me feel better to think this but there is always that guilt associated with the body being idle.  However I do plan on changing that all up today.  The plans include hitting a local gym and maybe even getting in a climbing session at a climbing gym.  It could all get derailed based on time constraints, but yet again we will go with the intention for now.

This 'slow' time of year from a bike recreation perspective is a good time of year to start coming up with events for the upcoming year.  Everything is still in its infancy stages in terms of ideas but everything must have a genesis...for now the ideas rolling around in my head include the High Cascades hundie, maybe the Puff again,  maybe a 24 hr race or two (although I am sort of 'over' the 24 hour races - but never say never).  Looking at the list, it looks pretty meager so time to hit the research mode and see what else is out there - need some motivation to scare me into training through these short, cold days of old man winter.

It is crazy to think it is December already!  Although retailers will not let us forget that as the bombardment of advertisements are coming fast and furious.  It is amazing to me that some businesses really depend on this time period between Thanksgiving and Christmas to make or break their year.  What might be even more amazing is that we as consumers enable this to happen by buying, buying, buying, and buying.

It reminds me of that bumper sticker 'I owe, I owe, it's off to work I go'

No comments:

Post a Comment