Sunday, December 12, 2010

Don't Call it a Comeback, I've Been Here For Years

Thanks LL....It has been several days since any posting on the blog and life has been speeding by for the past week.  Combine that lack of time with the lack of content and voila that equals blog neglect.

Too much work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy and in this case it rings true - no one wants to hear about how busy work has been or how life has you chasing your tail so I will refrain from trying to even blog about that and make it interesting...NEXT

I have been able to get to the climbing gym and even made it there on Tues and Thurs this past week.  It felt good to pull on plastic but it was very humbling to realize much of the go go juice was missing.  I was able to sneak a couple of good sends in there.  The funny part is that my hardest sends were my on-sights early on in the bouldering sesh's.  So as soon as my go go juice (which admittedly there was not much to start with) was gone, it was all was about trying to pick problems that looked interested and would help build some endurance.  It is difficult to build power endurance when you have neither!  So my theory is you have to be able to build some endurance before you start to push the power (the tendons appreciate the lower stress in the beginning too).

It was really good to have a gym to go to but it makes me realize how much I miss going in somewhat regularly to a place where you can grunt and groan your way up plastic.  During the grunting and groaning, I must have rolled an ankle on the gym mats because it has been killing me for the past few days since my last climbing session...load up on Vitamin I (Ibuprofen) and onwards we march.

no pix, no glory...just good old fashioned blah blah blah today....and now time to try and squeeze in a little fun before the work starts back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment