Saturday, August 13, 2011

MTB: Riding in the 5th Dimension

Friday late afternoon was another splendid day to be out on a bike.  Once again the temps were just about perfect and yet again I had the trails all to myself.  I did not once run into another biker and am starting to think maybe I am riding in a parallel universe where people are tearing up the same trail but in a different dimension....enough of the Star Trekkie geeking out...

I decided to head up to Thompson Park where I did the lower loop, upper loop, then road the RR bed up to Pipestone Pass and caught the CDT over to Beaver Ponds and followed the trail until the connector over to Blacktail and caught the spur down through the Archery Range and back over to Thompson Park.  It was my third day on (relatively hard efforts) so the legs were not super snappy but they did respond when they were asked to crank up the wattage.

The Garmin somehow picked up some weird signals and apparently either it got a little confused and got lost, or I really did go off into the 4th dimension and set some serious world speed records.  I am going with the confused Garmin or else the 77 mph average and my little jaunt down to Utah during my ride were so flash fast that I don't remember it.  All the other data points seem to be OK with the exception of the distance.
I once again captured some Panoramic shots - apparently I currently only have eyes for Pano shots.
Heading along the RR bed to Pipestone Pass - crossing over the trussel with Roosevelt below:
The Beaver Ponds are looking green for August:

No comments:

Post a Comment