Monday, August 8, 2011

Whiskey Bouldering

I decided to switch it up a little yesterday and took the dogs up to Whiskey Gulch where they could do a little exploring and I could do a little pebble wrestling...the dogs did a fine job of exploring where I on the other hand did a fine job of flailing on the stone.

It is a humbling reminder of just how quickly climbing rocks can put you in your place when you don't do it frequently.  I got a quickie flash pump and then tried to remember to stay connected and use some core.  Unfortunately, the stone was starting to get a little greasy from the sun baking it by the time we made it up there so it just enhances the flail factor.  I spent most of my time on the wave boulder and another steeper boulder that was close to the entry area.  It was fun to pull on stone again and hopefully it is the kick in the ace I need to do it consistently again...I miss the movement and the problem solving.

I stayed off the tall boys / highballs considering I had one crash pad and only the two pups to spot me...

It was good to be out....even Moby decided it was a good day to chill and keep an eye out for interesting sights/sounds....pics of Moby in front of the wave boulder:



No comments:

Post a Comment