Thursday, August 25, 2011

MTB: Where There's Smoke

There is no one riding on the trails!  We have had a couple of fires in the surrounding areas of town and our skies have been a little on the hazy side as of late.  It is just enough that you can smell and see the smoke in the air but not enough to discourage outdoor activity.  I decided to take the bike out to Blacktail and ride from the trailhead with no specific agenda or ride in mind.  I was really surprised to not run into one person on the trails or in the parking lot.  It was a ghost-town and it was my own little world once again.

My bike ended up pointing me up the trail, down the Archery Ranged, up to the Thompson Park area where the bike was just happy to be out.  The bike rode me around the Thompson Park upper loop, then it re-traced its steps back up the Archery Range, over to Blacktail and back to the car.  It was a good ride with a lot of elevation gain in short mileage.
I had to set up another Garmin Connect account since my old account won't let me in to my activities - I keep getting maintenance errors and the Help Desk has not called back or resolved the problem.  The next best thing was just to create a new account...Fortunately I was able to salvage the Curly Lake ride data too:

No comments:

Post a Comment